.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Whats Inside- Total Fitness

Plain and simple being fit is hard work. It requires dedication, determination, and drive.
If anyone ever tells you that losing weight or being fit is easy, they are full of crap.



I have been working on being ”fit” since I was probably 12 years old. That was when it first started. The nicknames my family had for me (Sam Sausage). I was a pudgy kid no doubt. The nicknames were all in good fun. They weren’t said in a mean or hurtful way. It was a fact that I loved to eat.


Since then I have been actively working on my “weight”. It got worse my freshman year of H.S., but then again what teen doesn’t focus too much on their appearance? I started first with weighing myself all the time. I was obsessed with it.


By my freshman year I started the “throwing up”. This was my way of eating whatever I wanted and not putting on the weight. I was also in control and boy did that feel good to be in charge of something. As teen there are so many times when you feel everything is out of control.


I went on like this for a couple of years before my mom finally caught on. After that, for a long time I wasn’t allowed to go to the bathroom after eating or even use the bathroom unless the door was left open. At that time I weighted 115lbs.


When I got married and left home, I started it back up again. Trying to shed all that weight that I had put back on. At this point I weighted 125lbs. OMG, I was a tub of lard. No not really but I felt that way. Seriously I lived in California. All the women there are tan, skinny, and hot looking. No freakin pressure there.


So when I couldn’t loose the weight I decided that maybe I should just get pregnant. Seemed like a good time at the time. By the way, I put on 40lbs with my first pregnancy.


In the last 20 years I have only done it a couple of times. At what point I decided to stop, I don’t really know. Besides all that acid is really bad on the enamel on your teeth.


Even though now I don’t make myself throw up anymore, it doesn’t mean I still don’t struggle daily/hourly with my weight and appearance. I don’t know if I will ever get over it.


Bulimia and Anorexia doesn’t just affect girls. It can affect boys also. Be cautious when approaching any teen about their weight. One wrong comment can send them down a path of lifetime destructive.


I’m not here to place blame. I accept full responsibility. I know for me personally it was multiple things that set me down this path. I didn’t choose to be this way, but here I am.


I share this with you because anyone who has a child (boy or girl) at the pre teenage should be aware of the signs.


I know that you are aware of this but, set a healthy eating example for your kids while they are young. They watch you and want to be just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment