.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Am I really a "FUN SUCKER"?

So my son says, well and my ex husband that I am a fun sucker. I don’t really see myself as a “Fun Sucker”.
Once upon a time I was wild and crazy, no restrictions, lived my life to the fullest. Then…………………………………..



Yes, I got married! To someone who was just as much fun. Except, when you’re living on your own. Sometimes someone has to be responsible, that is if you want to be able to afford freakin rent and have food to eat.


Ok, so I am not bashing my Ex. I am just simply stating that I used to be fun. Then because of circumstances not within my control I had to grow up (in a hurry) and change.


My son just doesn’t see that. I don’t think I am a downer now. It's just there are some things that once you’re an adult you don’t do anymore. Right?


Like dance on table tops in bars, in short skirts. Or take a weekend trip on the spure of the moment with the girls, taking nothing but a cooler of beer and some wacky weed, or leaving school on a sunny day just to go wash your kick ass car.


I’m not saying you can’t have fun, but if you have kid’s life is a little more limited to say the least. I often wonder what my life would be like now if I had ended up with some one else, and had let them be the responsible one.


So without divulging in detail exactly how wild and crazy I used to be to my son, how do I get him to understand I am no party pooper?


I do get the reality that currently while my son is a teen, that any and all things I do, in his minds eye seems boring.


I’m not trying to be the “cool” mom,
I am still the enforcer.
Just want to be known as the enforcer
who has a kick ass time,
when allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment