.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Let's Talk about Sex baby

 100 million of the
"hardest" things you will
have to go thru when you’re a parent.

No, I’m not really going to list 100 million things. I don’t have that much freakin time. Besides if you’re a parent you probably already know at least half of what I would write, so I don’t need to list them.



What I was going to talk about is, I now have a teen that is going thru “that” age. I honestly feel that this is one of the hardest times as a parent, plus it’s harder for a mom to talk  about this type of thing with her son.

Granted I have already gone thru this age with my daughter, who is now almost 20 and she survived with out much counseling needed.


It was a tough subject to discuss but not horrifying. I am sure it probably seemed that way for my daughter, since her grandma and I were the ones to sit down and talk to her about “it”. We followed the same technique my mom used when she talked to my younger sister about sex. I distinctly remember stick figures coming into play.? Too freakin funny.


Anyways I have no doubt that my son likes girls. It’s just that up until now he hasn’t wanted to discuss them at all.  Currently his attitude has changed since the beginning of the school year. In the beginning he refused to even discuss girls with me at all. He said that was just “Wrong” to talk to your mother (like I was a leper or somethingabout girls. Which truly hurt my feelings since we were always so close.


Which brings me to why I feel that we should have the “talk” now. Now that he has been more open about girls, you know commenting on them being hot and such. I think we have reaced the moment where we need have our disucssion sooner than later.


I am not really sure how to approach it yet. At least he knows the basic, they teach that crap in health class at school. Between what is wacky weed, how to put on condoms, and a girls monthly period. I'm not sure how much is left to tell. What the heck!

I am all for absenance for my child. I know that is not what schools preach. I am hoping that is the avenue my son would like to take. I'm not going to say that going to church necessarily means that you’re going to wait for marriage cause I knew of plenty church going kids that most definitely did not wait.


Again it is such a tough subject, that you really need to be well prepared before you walk in there to have the lovely sex chat. You never know If you will be allowed more than one chance to have this talk.


So I am open for any kind of helpful advice
from someone who has been thru the sex talk
 with a son.

No comments:

Post a Comment