.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Foreign language

If you remember not too long ago I wrote about a word that I personally used all the time (Slickery). Untill a co worker looked it up on Urban Dictionary. Only to find out what it really ment. (You don't wanna know)Then I had to explain to everyone that is not how I was using the word.



Well once again, my lovely co workers have come up with another (questionable) word that they said I should have to most definitely need to look up. No, this time I wasn’t walking around the office using this word.


So I asked some friends on FB first to see if it was a common knowledge type of word. Which ultimately sparked some 16 different comments and thoughts about this “new” word (Duck Butter).


What I really want to know is 1) who comes up with these freakin words and their definitions, and 2) what the heck, is this common knowledge to everyone? Are these words floating around the schools? Should I worry that my son knows what the word “Duck Butter” means? Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.


Am I gonna have to sit down with my kid and let him know that these words are not “real” words and further more the type of words I want him to be using? I’m sure thats a conversation I would prefer to avoid if at all possible.


It’s not like I am a prude or anything.  I was a wild once in H.S. I let my kids watch rated R movies, and for crying out loud I take my son to rock concerts. It’s just how much is too much? Do kids really need all these “extra” new words?  Just cause I think some of these are hilarious, doesnt mean I want my kid to know what they are.
Aren’t the old school ones bad enough?

Or am I just getting old? Wait don’t answer that.


Got a point of view, I would love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment