.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Don't go to bed Angry

Have you ever heard of that saying, don’t go to bed angry”?
They say, for a better marriage/relationship that you should resolve things before you go to bed. Now I’m not freakin sure who “They” are, but there are just some times that things can not be resolved in time before you go to bed.



I almost think sometimes you should sleep on it and then resume the convo at a later date. As to prevent any lasting scars from the words that can fly out of someones mouth during a heated conversation. You know I'm right! Everyone has been there at least once in their life.


Also, what difference does it really make if you go to bed angry, if you’re not even sleeping in the same bed?


I am all for putting in the effort for a relationship. For crying out loud, I have managed to make it to 8 years with my husband. So that means one of two things. 1) I am a good manipulator or 2) my sportsman is worth the insane effort.


Yes, my sportsman and I do not sleep in the same bed. Before you get the wrong idea, this is due to my sportsmans snoring. He has been banned from the marital bed, untill he makes an appt to go see a ear, nose, and throat doctor.


What this really means is, I get the king size tempur pedic bed, and my sportsman gets the twin bed in the spare bedroom. Did I mention that my sportsman has the body of a linebacker? He’s not over weight, but a very muscular man.


Honestly I don’t think this bothers him too terribly much since he still gets to have sex (with me, of course), his dog gets to sleep in the bed with him, and he can watch whatever sports show he wants till he falls asleep.


Also when we get into a disagreement we don’t have to worry about resolving anything before bed.


Sounds like a win/win situation right?


All of this however doesn’t fix the real problem, which is you snore for a reason. It is a health issue. I want him to go have it checked out, but he keeps dragging his feet. It has been a year since we started sleeping in separte beds. Now is this cause of a) he is afraid to go to the doctor or b) he is really enjoying the bacholor type sleeping arrangements?


So any suggestions on how to get him to take this seriously.
 His health that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment