.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Student Driver"


Soon I will officially have a student driver on the road.

Everyone beware!


Although we have been driving already. I have made sure that my son has been driving in an empty parking lot. Just in case. However soon, very soon we will be out on the roads with everyone else. I am so NOT ready for this.

A million thoughts run thru my head. All those little “what if’s”.

What if he side swipes a car? What if he drives thru the garage door?

Currently he is a wiz at going round and round in circles. Since that is soooooo important to know how to do donuts in the middle of the flippin street in the snow. So I can honestly say he is a pro at that.

I don’t know what I am so nervous about. I taught my daughter how to drive and she has done fine. (If you don’t count the 4 wrecks and 4 tickets she has gotten) of course none of them were her fault!

So anyways I have not shared my anxiety with my son over his soon to be driving. I don’t want him to feel any more pressure than he already has. Isnt freakin hard enough to be a teen now a days!

Any suggestions, on how NOT to show panic? I am going to seriouly try not to grip the door handle or use the floor board as a 2nd brake.

I am sure I wouldn’t be so stressed if it weren’t for the fact that he will be driving my new car. Which by the way, my daughter is still pissed about. I never let her drive my car when she was learning how to drive. Even now at 19 she isn’t allowed to drive my car. (Oh, come on she has had 4 freakin accidents remember?)

So as my son is counting down the days till he gets his permit, I am counting down the days in dread. I guess one good thing about him getting his permit. I will have something to hold over his head when he doesn’t follow the rules at home. Sounds mean? Not really, just being a parent and you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Shall I send out a warning to everyone, as to the date of  when he will be offical?

Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment