.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dallas Comic Con Wrap-Up

Once again I had a great time at the Dallas Comic Con and as always I have Mark Walters and Ben Stevens to thank for it. Guys, thanks for inviting me and congratulations for putting on such successful show. If you’ve never come out to one of their conventions, you really should. They have Shatner coming to the next one, hopefully I can get to be a part of that one too.

Unfortunately I could only do Saturday this past weekend as I had my boy’s 2nd birthday party on Sunday, which was also a great time. Maybe I can get Shatner for the next one of those? But even just doing the con for one day, I did a ton of drawing. Thanks to everyone who came by my table to either commission me or just to say hello, I always appreciate it. There are a lot of great artists at these shows, so I’m honored that anyone would choose to spend their hard-earned dollars on my work.

Here is a look at some of the pieces I did. There are several characters I’ve never drawn before in my life, but I like that. It’s something new and gets me out of my comfort zone. I like the Jaguar and Caveman Batman a lot and really enjoyed doing the "Breaking Bad" one. The guy who commissioned it gave me a choice of that or Gorillaz!


Here is a video someone posted about the show. At the 1:54 mark, you can see your's truly actually doing one of those pieces. If you want to see that hot BSG gal, then start a few seconds before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment