.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rockin the casbah, Rock the casbah?


Is that what they're saying? As a Clash fan for the past 20 plus years, I shocked to learn this.

"Rock the Casbah" is obviously their biggest "hit", therefore their most overplayed song and subsequently, one of the ones I really don't listen to that much, at least with much attention to detail. But recently I've found myself getting into again and was surprised as I heard it up close and personal through my iPod headphones. Those boys were saying "Rockin the casbah, Rock the casbah" and for over two decades I thought they were saying "Rock the casbah, Rock the casbah".

I thought, "No way. Could I have misheard that all these years?" And a quick Google search for lyrics proved that yes, I had indeed. Man, the things you learn. I feel foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment