.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, July 27, 2009

"Cal Slayton's Animation-Slick Abstraction"

Poopsheet Foundation reviewed "Mine All Mine", the mini comic I contributed a page to a while back. The reviewer, Mark Campos gave me a mention...

"...his seventeen artists are a diverse bunch of stylists, adding strong variety to the tales. Hopkins has some heavy friends; there is a helpful index of their websites and blogs in the back, so you can check out more of their work. Realists like Jake Ekiss and Chad Sell stand in contrast to ZeeS's funk blast, Cal Slayton's animation-slick abstraction, David DeGrand's bigfoot rotundity. Only one page doesn't work -- I still haven't figured out what happens in Ryan Cody's page, did the big screen TV decapitate the guy or what?

My page is shown here. There are a lot of cool artists in this book, you should check it out. Found it at the website of "Mine All Mine" writer / editor David Hopkins or next time you see me at a con, I have some copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment