.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dave Stevens, 1955-2008

The great artist Dave Stevens passed away. If you’re not familiar with the comic book he’s best known for, The Rocketeer, you may be familiar with the movie version.

I had the pleasure of meeting him once at a local comic convention I was appearing at. He was the headliner. A lot of the artists scheduled to appear at the show did pin-ups of the Rocketeer for the tribute program book. Mine was one of them. I stopped by his booth and we chatted for a bit and the conversation turned to the book and my contribution. He was so nice and complimentary. He was really touched that everyone had contributed to it. He even gave me one of the large signed Rocketeer prints he was selling at the show. Very cool.

Sorry to hear he’s gone.

Dave Stevens Website

No comments:

Post a Comment