.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, May 7, 2006

CAPE Thanks!

Thanks to Richard and the crew from Zeus Comics for putting on such a great event. I know they all wroked extremely hard and think the whole day (rain and all) was just amazing. Congrats on a successful show!

Thanks for everyone who stopped by my table at CAPE on Saturday. You really kept me busy. About a half an hour into the show I got my first commission and I didn't stop until I left a little after 5:00. That's almost seven hours of drawing. I called it "chain drawing". I stopped for about ten minutes to wolf down some pasta.

I did a total of 19 drawings and a bunch of sketches. And the majority of the drawings were color, so they took even longer. I drew all sorts of stuff, like Buffy, a pin-up girl, two versions of Aquaman, an Anime character, that girl from Black Harvest, Batman, Deadpool, Black Canary, Nick Fury, Kim Possible and even some guy's dog!

I did about a third more work in the one day of CAPE than I did at both days of the Dallas Comicon the weekend before. My hand was sore the rest of the night, I was dead tired but it was a lot of fun. BTW, being dead tired was the reason I skipped the Live Art Show that night if anyone noticed (mainly Scott and David).

Again, I really appreciate the fact that so many people stopped and visited with me. I don't take that stuff for granted and I'll see there next year.

This Christmas I'm asking for a robot hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment