.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Dallas Comic Con - Wrap-up

Thanks to everyone I met out at the Plano Centre for the Dallas Comic Con this past weekend. It was a lot of fun as always. Met a lot of nice people and did a ton of drawings as always. Got to see a scruffy Thomas Jane and white haired Michael Gross. And I got to sit next to local comic book writer David Hopkins and for a good reason. We (officially I guess) announced our upcoming collaboration on a new comic book series..."The Last Babysitter".

Here is the synopsis...
It's the not-too-distant future. Moms and dads use androids to take care of their kids. In true post-apocalyptic fashion, the robotic nannies short circuit and turn against the owners. One girl raids her dad's gun stash to save the kiddos.

We're both excited about the project. For me it's a welcomed return to comic books. It's been a while since I've been able to do another book and I'm really anxious to put out something good. This will be a mini-series, which is another plus, because it means I won't have to meet deadlines over a long period of time. Just four issues! It'll be an all ages book like Shades of Blue was. We'll be shopping it around to some publishers, we already have one in mind to start with, we'll see if they bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment